Elevating Your Experience: The Role of Terpenes in Cannabis
What are Terpenes and What Do They Do?
Terpenes are aromatic and flavorful compounds found in plants- including cannabis. In addition to cannabinoids, terpenes help influence the effect and high associated with particular strains. “Terpenoids share a precursor with phytocannabinoids, and are all flavour and fragrance components common to human diets that have been designated Generally Recognized as Safe by the US Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies.”
“Terpenoids are pharmacologically versatile: they are lipophilic, interact with cell membranes, neuronal and muscle ion channels, neurotransmitter receptors, G-protein coupled (odorant) receptors, second messenger systems and enzymes.” For example, Myrcene has been popular for centuries as a potential sedative and sleep aid.
Cannabinoids and terpenes work together in synergistic ways. The “Entourage Effect” refers to enhanced effects of cannabinoids and terpenes when used in combination. As always, the effects of CBD products may vary on an individual basis. When experimenting with CBD products to elevate your lifestyle, always take note of how different cannabinoids and terpenes work well together to produce optimal results.
- Common in mangoes
- Notes: celery, turpentine, woody, herbs
- Potential benefits: anti-inflammatory, analgesic, sedating, especially when combined with CBD
- Common in lemons and other citrus fruits
- Notes: citrusy, sweet
- Potential benefits: anxiolytic, elevates mood, highly available, rapidly metabolized, and non-toxic
- Most common terpenoid in nature, seen in coniferous plants with insect-repellent properties
- Alpha-Pinene in pine and Beta-Pinene in rosemary, dill, and parsley
- Notes: cool, green hay, pine, spicy, turpentine
- Potential benefits: anti-inflammatory bronchodilator with antibacterial properties specifically vs. MRSA, aids in memory
- Common in lavender plants
- Notes: floral, rose, woody
- Potential benefits: sedating, stress-relieving, heals burns without scarring, strong local anesthetic effects equivalent to procaine and menthol, may modulate GABA pathways in the brain
Green Revolution’s “Terpenes, Love, Cannabinoids” Standardized Profiles
At Green Revolution CBD, we took the guesswork out of CBD products. Your favorite hemp CBD product shouldn’t produce bland, unpredictable results. Not only should they taste great, but they should provide positive, reliable effects with every use. Through the synergy of terpenes and cannabinoids, Green Revolution CBD products will guide you precisely to the experiences you want to achieve.
Experience CBD and Terpenes for Yourself