Addressing Sleep Issues: How Effective Are CBD + CBN Gummies for Sleep?
This article will provide information about the potential benefits and effectiveness of CBD + CBN gummies for improving sleep, offering a comprehensive exploration of these natural remedies for sleep issues.
Prevalent sleep issues and emerging wellness trends
Getting the right amount of sleep for the right length of time is integral to daily function. Under normal circumstances, individuals experience between four and six sleep cycles each night. These cycles last 90 minutes, during which time people move through all of the REM stages and non-rem stages.
During non-rem sleep, certain body functions begin to slow down.
For example, the metabolism drops by 15%. Blood pressure reduces, and heart rate goes down. During deep sleep, another non-rem part of the cycle, you can increase your lifespan because your brain and body have a chance to remove toxins and restore regulation to several systems throughout the body, like your hormonal system and your appetite.
Under normal circumstances, adults across America need at least 7 hours of sleep each night, and yet more than one-third of adults sleep less than that. 7% of adults end up taking a nap on a daily basis because they don’t get enough sleep at night. With natural aids like CBD + CBN gummies for sleep, some of the most prevalent sleep issues of 2023 can be addressed.
Prevalent sleep issues
- Nearly 70% of people who snore have sleep apnea, a significant problem that causes individuals to stop and start breathing again several times throughout the night.
- Up to 15% of people experience chronic insomnia that persists over the course of several months, making it difficult to fall asleep at all.
- 58% of post-9/11 veterans experience insomnia.
- Teeth grinding is a common disorder that inhibits sleep quality among all ages, especially children and adolescents.
- 42% of people have sleep issues that run in their family.
- An average of 60 million people struggle with ongoing sleep disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, or narcolepsy.
- People who have irritable bowel syndrome are nearly 38% more likely to have a sleep disorder.
What has contributed to sleep issues?
For most people, insufficient sleep is linked to stress, health problems like snoring, and work.
- 4.8 out of 10 workers say that they experience feelings of exhaustion throughout the work day.
- Active duty military members are 34% more likely to experience insufficient sleep.
- 55% of nurses struggle with insomnia.
- Up to 85% of women across the United States experience hot flashes, which disrupt their sleep and cause sleep fragmentation.
- 98% of adults give up at least one hour of sleep each week because of pain.
- 63% of adults say that their sleep quality is interrupted because of heartburn.
- Poor sleep hygiene, in particular, the noise of the sleeping environment contributes significantly to sleep fragmentation. Extra noise throughout the evening that disrupts sleep can increase adrenaline, cortisol, and blood pressure.
Mental health issues like stress, anxiety, and depression contribute significantly to prevalent sleep issues.
- 40% of people who have insomnia also have a mental health condition.
- 83% of adults with depressive disorders have insomnia.
- 54% of adults say that anxiety and stress are the two biggest reasons they have trouble falling asleep, especially during the week.
- 91% of people with PTSD have insomnia.
With so many connections between emotional health, work-life balance, pain management, and sleep, it’s important to find safe and effective ways to improve sleep quality and prevent sleep fragmentation. CBD+ CBN gummies for sleep can do just that.
Natural and effective remedies for sleep issues
CBD + CBN gummies for sleep are made up of cannabinol (CBN) and cannabidiol (CBD), which come from the cannabis plant.
When you use CBD and CBN gummies for sleep, you get the benefit of both on the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for things like improving the function of your immune system, controlling pain, regulating appetite, and inducing sleep.
While a lot of research has targeted CBN for things like anxiety control, anti-inflammatory abilities, and pain management, new research suggests that the use of CBD/CBN sleep gummies could help with all of that, plus sleep.
Synergistic effects of CBD and CBN when combined in gummy form
CBN is not psychoactive on its own. It does not, without additives, get you high. Sometimes products are mixed with a small amount of THC, however, which does provide the high. CBD is also not psychoactive but can be mixed with products that have THC.
If you are looking to use these products for sleep aids, it is important that you consider all of the ingredients that are in the product, as well as the percentages of specific ingredients, to determine whether there may or may not be any psychoactive compounds.
The FDA has approved CBD and THC for several treatments but has not yet approved CBN. This does not mean that gummies are ineffective, but rather, they haven’t received official approval.
Benefits of CBN
There is limited research into this cannabinol, but current studies have confirmed that there are benefits such as:
- Inducing sleepiness
- Helping manage pain
- Boosting appetite
- Improving the immune system
- Reducing inflammation
Other research has started to investigate the effectiveness of combining CBN with other cannabis compounds.
Ongoing research is looking into whether cannabinoids, when combined with certain terpenes, can enhance the benefits of the respective substances.
Risks of CBN
Studies have yet to determine the significant risks of CBN use. However, the majority of the side effects and risks associated with CBN are the same as you would find using any other cannabis or cannabinoids, including:
- Memory problems
- Dry mouth
- Unsafe driving behaviors
- Possible contraindications with other medicines
CBN for Sleep
There is very little evidence to confirm whether CBN is effective as a sleep treatment. However, more research exists regarding the use of CBD and CBN gummies for sleep and other sleep-promoting cannabinoids or agents like melatonin.
The use of CBD/CBN sleep gummies can be effective for individuals who do not have severe sleep disorders but simply need aid with things like falling asleep or staying asleep. Working with a doctor to discuss any contraindications with the medication you are on or the proper dosage for your circumstances is advisable.
Figuring out dosing for any product can be challenging given the fact that there are recommendations, but these recommendations fluctuate greatly.
It is akin to a bottle of wine or a six-pack of beer on which there are no labels that specify exactly how much you should drink to start to feel the effects.
As such, it’s up to you to start slowly with a CBN gummy for sleep and wait a few hours to confirm whether or not you are getting the full effects of whatever product you are using. After that, you can make adjustments for things like size, tolerance, or desired effects.
Tip: If you are just starting out with sleep CBN gummies, one of the best things you can do is plan a few nights where you have enough time prior to your actual bedtime to fiddle with the doses and see whether or not smaller doses are giving you the effect you want. If they aren’t, you’ll still have time to take slightly larger doses before the time you intended to go to bed originally.
If you are interested in natural sleep aids, consider high-quality sleep CBN gummies. They are convenient and discreet when delivered. Scientific evidence supports their use in promoting sleep, especially when combined with other sleep aids.